Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A little bit of Cyndi...

So I was inspired by a fellow mother to begin a blog. I think as a mother it's important to share your story with others. We all have those "OMG" moments where we wonder if anyone else on the planet has ever experienced this.

Well, I personally am a working mother of two, a wife, and a student. My children are currently 5 and 11 months. Yes, I am only 20, so obviously I did not give birth to an almost 6 year old child. He's my husbands son, my stepson, but mine in every way a child belongs to a mother. His name is Malcolm and he is by far the smartest, most caring, curious, and wonderful little boy you will ever meet. Yes, he can be difficult, but at the end of the day I sit back with his daddy and laugh at all the silly things he does and says in a day. It's hard to have to share half of our time with him but it just makes the time we do have with him that much more precious. My 11 month old is Collier. (Cul-yer). He is the light of my day and never fails to put a smile on my face. He always has a smile on his face no matter what is going on. He loves his mommy and daddy and bubby. He just started walking about a month ago and so I now have my hands completely full! Oh my its hard work. He loves to talk and he absolutely loves to eat! If God had come down and told me I could pick any children in the world, I could not have picked two more amazing boys if I had tried.

I am also currently 31 weeks pregnant with our first little girl! This will more than likely be the only other child I will have, and while at first it made me sad to think of, I now know that this addition will be the final piece to the puzzle of my families life. We are going to name her Abigale and she will without a doubt be the most beautiful little girl ever! I cant wait to have a daughter to teach all the things I wish I would have known when I was growing up. I want het to pick the right man to spend her life with, to put herself first and be her own woman before she commits her life to anyone else, and to never give up on anything because she will be the brightest most wonderful child in the world and I will be by her side every step of the way. My pregnancy is considered high-risk due to complications that I had with my son that are now appearing in this pregnancy. I am unable to keep my amniotic fluid levels up, and am currently taking medication to control preterm labor. Its scary as a mother to not be able to completely protect your child even when they are growing inside you. Sometimes I feel like a failure to my daughter. After every NST, ultrasound, and exam, I wonder if there was just one thing I should have done that would make her safer and keep her inside as long as possible.

Now I also work outside of the home. For 3 years now I have cared for a 92 year old woman who has alzheimers in Marietta. Shes so much like a grandma to me now. The work is hard and 50 hour weeks are not something that I enjoy, but I'm working my way through school right now and trying to give my children the best of everything that I can. It is not that I wouldn't love to spend every minute of my time with my kids, but I believe its important as a woman to be able to support yourself in any life situation and to show your children that women are strong and independant. In April I will be a certified Phlebotomist and then I am taking a course in IV Therapy and hoping to get a set regular schedule that allows me to be home in the evenings with my family to cook them dinner, give them a bath, read them a story and put them to bed. Right now there are several days out of the week where I am gone for the entire day and it drives me completely crazy!

I was just recently married. December 28, 2009 to be exact! Yes, it sure did take us awhile. Almost 3 years! But we finally tied the know and I officially became Cynthia Sargent. I am married to Jeremy Sargent, and to me he is the most fabulous husband and father out there! Since the day I met him I have watched him overcome so much. He makes me proud everyday to have his last name. He is always surprising me with wonderful things, reassuring me through the tough times, holding me when I cry, celebrating my achievements. He is truly proud and appreciative of everything I do and what more could a woman ask for?

So thats a little introduction to Cynthia Sargent.

No comments:

Post a Comment